Fall fun with fondant!

This was so much fun! This is a little fall-themed cake I made for Drake's fall festival. The pumpkins, leaves, and flowers were molded fondant which I painted with food coloring. I wanted the cake to appeal to the masses so I decided to make it chocolate. I didn't have the buttermilk which my standby chocolate cake calls for; so I just made the "Perfect Chocolate Cake" and icing recipes on the back of the Hershey's cocoa container. I was so glad I did! I hadn't made the cake since I was a little girl. The flavor brought back memories. It tasted like the kind of chocolate cake a grandma would make. Nothing fancy, just plain sweet cocoa goodness! In fact Justin said he thought it was the recipe his grandmother made. I don't think I'll throw out my other chocolate cake recipes; but I'll definitely make this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment