It's my party and I'll have 3 cakes if I want to...

I was so lucky this year to have 3 cakes for my birthday! On the left a moist almond cake with whipped cream, almond paste, crushed Heath bar, and Brach's nut goodie filling by Lacy. In the center (by me and compliments of left overs from Laura's wedding cake fillings from the weekend before) a vanilla butter cake with passion fruit curd, blackberry preserves, and buttercream fillings. Finally on the right prepared and decorated by Chef Mabry: peanut butter cake with peanut butter cream and dark chocolate ganache with salted peanuts.

Thanks to my 3 cakes I have 3 extra pounds! Unfortunately Lacy has left; so now I'm the only one eating them. Next year only one cake!

Thank you Lacy and Mabry. I love you so much!


Cake completely decorated by Mabry. I just gave her the fondant and she made the flowers all by herself. I was so proud. I think she definitely has a future in the cake biz!


Mabry putting the finishing touches on her masterpiece.






1 comment:

  1. OMG...I'm so embarrassed! I don't believe you about the 3 extra pounds either ;)

    ReplyDelete